WEIRDLAND: R.I.P. Dan Gordon-Levitt

Wednesday, October 06, 2010

R.I.P. Dan Gordon-Levitt

Burning Dan, we will miss you.
you were a shining light for our entire community
and although I know you would want us to smile, dance, and flow
I'm going to take a few moments to be sad for your passing.

For everyone who has not heard, Dan passed peacefully and unexpectedly Sunday night. In addition to founding and running Flow Temple, Dan was a celebrated poi-oneer who constantly challenged our thoughts on both how the tools could be used, and what good you could bring to the world through your art form.

He was also an incredibly sweet soul.

When we have information on a memorial service, we will pass it on.

Love you Dan. Source: twitter.com

Burning dan at Firedrums 2010

BURNING dAN brightly embodied that bold beastly bliss sometimes referred to as "the creative spirit." He was my chief collaborator on the foundational incarnations of hitRECord.org over the years and continues to inspire us ever the more. He would absolutely positively insist that we not let this bad news deter us on our collective mission. That said, I might not feel up to it for a little while.
Watching this community blossom into what it has become never ceased to amaze him and me. We would regularly marvel at it and high five. Thank you all for that. There he is now pouring heaping hollowed watermelons full of love over each and every one of us.

So let's celebrate him, he's fucking awesome:

See you real soon,
thanks again...
love


Dan Gordon-Levitt was awesome indeed, an innovative artist and a generous friend, and I'm so pained of having read these recent tragic news I haven't been able to go to bed, thinking of so many things that reminded me of my contribution to the Hitrecord's project and other memories that I treasure of Dan, his lovely brother Joseph, and the pals of the Hitrecord forum... Dan was so kind of replying me through the forum and he wrote me he liked my musical taste, the last thing I knew of him was when he just invited me this last weekend to attend one of his Burning Dan fire shows -the Flow Temple Party 3rd Anniversary via Facebook, so I cannot believe it yet, what can I say to placate this immense pain right now? Just keep on thinking, burning memories, thanks Dan for giving us so much! I want to send my condolences to Joseph, all his family and friends. He'll be missed.

2 comments :

countsheep said...

RIP Dan, sad news, Burning Dan was such a cool spectacle, poor Joe, he must be heartbroken.

Elena said...

very sad, we need to cling on the positive things we remember, we can never take our life for granted