WEIRDLAND: "Entertainment Weekly" Twilight photoshoot

Monday, July 06, 2009

"Entertainment Weekly" Twilight photoshoot

-Why is Edward so alluring?
-What I never really understood about his attractiveness, especially to young girls, is his gentlemanliness. I thought that teenage girls like the dangerous aspect of males, and so I tried to emphasize the danger and make the more gentlemanly side of this character a veil to something else underneath. I really tried to make him an incredibly strong and powerful character, but at the same time self-loathing and extremely vulnerable.

-So you saw Edward as sometimes vulnerable?
-Yes. When his life is put into basic terms, he has nothing to live for and all he wants to do is either become a human or die. The only reason that he hasn’t died is because he is too scared; he doesn’t think that he has a soul. Then he meets Bella, who makes him feel like a human and feel alive again. At the same time, her human vulnerability makes him incredibly vulnerable, because even with his super speed and his super strength, he still can’t fully protect her. Whenever she is in danger, he is in danger. If she dies or goes anywhere, then he is gone, too.

-What was your favorite scene to shoot?
-I knew that there were some scenes where I was going to have to look demonic and have a glare that would scare humans. That was difficult to prepare. My favorite scene that we ended up shooting was this little random one near the beginning where I try and intimidate Bella by being a scary vampire and she doesn’t back down at all.

-New York or L.A.?
-I like them both for different reasons. They are literally opposite sides of the coin, so it’s kind of nice to switch between the two. New York is incredibly frenetic, and nothing ever happens in L.A.

-Trademark style?
-Looking terrible. Truly, I wear the same thing every day. I don’t know how to use a washer machine.


-Celebrity crush?
-I don’t know. I am sure that if I did say anyone’s name, it would be really embarrassing if I met them.
Source: www.vanityfair.com

This video is my ode to the crazy fans out there and the paps. A reminder that beneath it all Rob is still a person.

I made an error while tagging the song. The name is not Use Somebody but Cold Desert by Kings of Leon also.

No comments :