WEIRDLAND: Joseph Gordon-Levitt in "Esquire" and "VMan"

Friday, May 15, 2009

Joseph Gordon-Levitt in "Esquire" and "VMan"

Joseph with Zooey Deschanel and "500 days of summer" director Marc Webb.

(500) Days of Summer - Photo Collage - Video, music by The Temper Trap.
Joseph attending the 52nd San Francisco IFF: '500 Days of Summer' premiere - 2nd May, 2009
Joseph Gordon-Levitt posing for "VMan" magazine, Summer 2009.

-MM: Were you worried that playing a gay character would hurt your career?
-JGL: Oh come on! The Rock played gay! None's worried about that anymore. I'm about to do two studio movies, and none of the directors or studio people were like: "I don't know... I think the kids think he's gay!" Plus to me, gay is a normal person who likes people of the same sex. The character I played in "Mysterious Skin" had a very damaged, unhealthy sexuality, whether he was with women or men.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt posing for "Esquire", June 2009.

-JGL: Fame has always been a downside to acting for me. It gives me the creeps.
-Esquire: Even the women? The Money?
-JGL: I have a lot of trouble getting turned on by girls who are turned on by celebrity.

No comments :