WEIRDLAND: Happy 33rd birthday, Reese!

Monday, March 23, 2009

Happy 33rd birthday, Reese!

"Yes, Ginormica wears a specially-designed leotard. And the identification of the voice-actor and the character is so strong, "everyone's, like, 'You lood so good!' And I'm like, 'That's not me, folks.' My girlfriends watched it and said the same thing. I'll take the compliment."Interestingly, with the exception of the drama Rendition, comedies -- from antic films such as Four Christmases to rom-coms such as Penelope and Just Like Heaven -- have been Witherspoon's main stock-in-trade since she won the best-actress Oscar for playing June Carter in Walk The Line. Of her current spate of comedies, Witherspoon says, "My next couple of things might not be comedies. But it's an appropriate time to do them. People want to go to the movies and escape what's going on in their lives. And I think, y'know, it's nice to just have a bit of escapism and have a laugh." She's happy to talk about her kids, 9-year-old daughter Ava and 5-year-old son Deacon, given that they (especially Ava) were key to her accepting her first animated voice role. She's turned down many, most of the girlfriend variety.

"I have a little girl, and I try to be thoughtful about the movies she sees. And making a movie for kids, I try to be thoughtful about the kind of ideas I put out there. It's important."
Of the turned-down scripts, she says there has "never been an opportunity there to play a real, multi-facted female character. And so it happens that they came to me with this great idea for this character who has doubts and insecurity and really finds her strength through this ragtag team of monsters ... who aren't monsters! Source: jam.canoe.ca

No comments :