WEIRDLAND: Quirky romance

Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Quirky romance

Quirky Girl says: "The bonding session between Drew and Claire over their cell phones is so well written, edited and acted. It'll remind you of that first warm feeling that you get when you are getting close to someone you like" Source: Amazon.com
It's funny how one of the quirky quotes that Claire Colburn (Kirsten's character in "Elizabethtown") said: "Everybody is less mysterious than they think they are" was an habitual motto used by my Literature teacher in high-school.


4 comments :

Anonymous said...

This film is very underrated.
Yes, Orlando wasn't exactly the best choice for the part (a bit too bland, although I must admit I don't think he's such a bad actor anymore.He was very good in Ned Kelly for example).
But the movie is so sweet (and so is Kirsten) and has some delightful sequences (like the phone sequence and Orlando's trip)

Elena said...

Yes, I prefer it over "Garden State". I think Cameron Crowe had in his mind the old witty dialogues of classic comedies writing some lines between Claire and Drew, which were funny when deliberately bordered on ridiculous but never betraying their crazy romantic spirit.

clairex said...

I like the song you've used for the video, Kendra, it fits so well to the scenes!

Elena said...

The song's title is "Someday soon", by Wilco ("Being There" album). The lyrics are:

"Wind will blow and the sun will shine.
On that hill where we used to climb.
I look in your eyes and you'll be mine.
Someday soon.
I won't even make a scene.
It will be just like a dream.
Cash is gonna flow down by the old mainstream.
Someday soon.
You don't know me, but I know you (you don't know me).
You have no idea what I do (what I do).
Make you mine and see you swoon.
Someday soon.
Sun's gonna shine, wind's gonna blow.
On the hill where we used to go.
I look in your eyes and down I will roll.
Someday soon.
Someday, someday soon."